Paolo A. Gnocchi
Paolo A. Gnocchi
- Of Counsel
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
Paolo was born San Juan, Puerto Rico. He has been a resident of the Washington, DC metropolitan area since childhood. Paolo Returned to Puerto Rico to attend college, and graduated magna cum laude from the Universidad del Sagrado Corazón in his native San Juan. Paolo obtained his law degree from the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, in Washington, D.C. While studying law, Paolo had a particular focus on honing his skills in the courtroom. Paolo was successful in several moot court competitions and was appointed Chancellor of Catholic’s Jessup Cup International Moot Court Competition Team. Paolo also interned for the United State’s Department of Justice and a criminal/immigration defense firm during his time at law school.
Paolo soon put his courtroom skills to the test, when he was hired as an associate attorney in the personal injury division of a prestigious Rockville firm. Paolo left that position to become an Assistant State’s Attorney in Baltimore City, Maryland. While at the State’s Attorney’s Office, Paolo successfully prosecuted numerous cases, ranging from DWIs to drug and firearms offenses.
Paolo has been in private practice focusing primarily on criminal defense and serious personal injury cases since leaving the State’s Attorney’s Office in 2005. Paolo has tried and won hundreds of criminal cases, ranging from traffic offenses to Rape and First-Degree Murder. Paolo focuses his civil practice on serious personal injury cases. He has recovered hundreds of thousands of Dollars for his wrongfully injured clients. Paolo is often referred cases for litigation by other lawyers, thanks to his tenacity and skill in the courtroom. Thanks to his excellent reputation and standing in the legal community, Governor Martin O’Malley appointed Paolo to the Maryland Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission, where he served from 2009 to 2014. Paolo is fluent in Spanish and conversant in Italian.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2002
- Universidad del Sagrado Corazón
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Comparative Law and Justice Systems
- Maryland, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2003
- New Jersey, 2003
- NACDL, Member, 2009 to Present
- MCDAA, Member, 2009 to Present
- Ivan M. Waldman & Associates, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2004 to 2009
- Office of the State's Attorney for Baltimore City, Maryland, Assistant State's Attorney, 2003 to 2004
- Stein, Sperling, Bennett, De Jong, Driscoll & Greenfeig, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2002 to 2003
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of International Affairs, Legal Intern, 2001