Defending You Against Serious Criminal Charges
If you are facing criminal charges or are under investigation, you need a lawyer who will protect you not only from the immediate threat of jail time, but also from consequences that may come down the road. Even a misdemeanor conviction can result in loss of employment, revocation of security clearance, deportation or other immigration consequences and the social stigma of being a convicted criminal. Never underestimate the importance of hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney.
The Firm’s Criminal Defense Practice
In its criminal defense practice, the firm defends adults and juveniles charged with, or under investigation for, all types of federal and state crimes. This representation includes protecting your rights during all stages of the criminal process, from the initial investigation to arranging government debriefings and handling grand jury appearances.
Once charges are filed, the firm then handles bail detention hearings, pretrial motions and suppression hearings, trials, adjudicatory hearings, new trial motions, and sentencing, as well as violations of probation, and sentencing modifications and reconsiderations. The firm also handles appeals, post convictions, coram nobis petitions, and regular and special “good cause” expungement petitions.
Paolo A. Gnocchi Esq. serves “of counsel”, and Mr. Papirmeister is pleased to have his valuable assistance in many cases as well as, to offer clients outright referrals to this experienced trial lawyer in both criminal and personal injury matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Mr. Gnocchi, like Mr. Papirmeister, is a former prosecutor with extensive trial experience in both criminal and personal injury matters. Mr. Gnocchi, a native of Puerto Rico, is fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Criminal Defense State Court And Federal Court
DUI Defense And Serious Motor Vehicle Cases
Sex Offenses, Child Abuse And Child Pornography
Over 34 Years Of Criminal Law Experience In Your Corner
- Selected as a “Top Lawyer” in criminal defense by Washingtonian Magazine – Washingtonian Magazine, December 2020
- Recognized in 2014-2021 editions of “SuperLawyers” in Maryland and the District of Columbia as a top attorney in Criminal Defense
- Rated as “AV”, the highest peer review rating* obtainable, for legal ability and ethical standards, for 25 straight years – Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory 1996-2021
- Selected in 2021 Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and for last 25 years – Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 1996-2021
- Rated as “Superb,” earning a “10 out of 10” Top Rating by Avvo, January 2021
- Described in The Washington Post as “among criminal defense lawyers who are widely respected for their work” and “as a highly regarded criminal defense lawyer” – The Washington Post Newspaper, January 5, 2000, and June 2, 1999
- Selected to serve on Criminal Law & Practice Section Council – Maryland State Bar Association, 2018- Present
Silver Spring Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Maryland And The District Of Columbia Who Knows That High-Quality Representation Counts
For all of his 25 straight years in criminal defense private practice, James N. Papirmeister has earned an AV Preeminent rating under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system*. This means he has gained the respect of the state’s legal community for his skilled representation. His representation is exemplified in the numerous Google reviews left by former cliens.
He has also been selected in the 2021 Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, limited to only the most distinguished law practices, receiving the highest rating for ethics and adherence to the professional standards of conduct, reliability and diligence.
The firm’s clients include doctors, lawyers, police officers, psychologists, politicians, athletes, school teachers, musicians, accountants, plumbers, electricians, contractors, computer installers and programmers, as well as the average person or child in the community. We also represent federal and state law enforcement agents, officers and employees.
Meet The Attorneys
View Our Videos
Make Your Next Step The Right One. Call for a Free Consultation.